After about a week of work(probably just under ten hours in actual time though) I've finished my H-bridge design. It's based on a design I found at pyroelectro.com.
It should without problem be able to handle the two Lynx Motion GMH-03-motors I plan to use in my Robot-SM robot. I think I'll use the same bridges for the long term project too. Here's a picture. Enjoy

Picture of the lovely contents of the package the nice FedEx employee gave me.

There. Now all the old posts are imported :)

So my order from pololu is on it's way. Finally :D
What's in it(some cables and headers too but I won't bore you with those);
2 x Brushed DC Motor: 130-Size, 6V, 11.5kRPM, 800mA Stall
2 x Power HD Mini Servo HD-1160A
1 x Sharp GP2D120XJ00F Analog Distance Sensor 4-30cm
1 x Rechargeable NiMH Battery Pack: 7.2 V, 900 mAh, 3x2 AAA Cells, JR Connector
3 x QTR-1RC Reflectance Sensor
Actually I already have the eight sensor array, but you never know. I might need them.

I'm going to import all my old blog posts now, the order is chronological, but I'm too lazy to fiddle with the dates to get them before the "new" posts. Enjoy!

I just placed an order for a Qik Dual Serial Motorcontroller at the swedish webshop Hobbytronik.
Tested my home built motordriver just this morning but although it works great, it uses too many pins and I'm not sure it can handle stalls properly (the motors have 800mA stall, the driver can handle 600), and I'm not sure my soldering is as good on that one, it also looks like crap :).
I've read some example code for the controller and it seems really nice and easy to work with. Just have to wait for the damned order to arrive now.

Yay! I now have everything I need to build the bot. Found some cogs in two old CDROMs that I'll use for the gripper. Just waiting for the order from Pololu now, the 4th is the date that FedEx predicts. Pics in the electronics folder.

I'm on the bus on my way home from work right now. Sitting here thinking
about how the heck I' going to program the thing. I think that the maze solving will prove
most challenging. The idea is to record the path, optimize it and reverse it.
The reverse should be fairly easy. Reverse all turns and read the path backwards.
For the optimization I'll have to get out pen and paper and do a schematic.

Yay!
Now you can view all my code! It's in the git.

I'm going to clean up my desk today. Went to Clas Ohlson(also known as Men daycare center) and got me some solder, a storage box, a desoldering gun, a helping hand thingie and some resistors.

My package just arrived!
:D